This job is no longer available
Location: Chicago, IL
Imagination is a custom content agency based in Chicago. We partner with Fortune 500 clients and associations to help them develop relationships and increase engagement with their clients. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Financial Editor.
The Financial Editor will have proven success in reporting/content creation, as well as managing, writing and editing content across multiple platforms. The Financial Editor is highly skilled in long-form writing, big-picture reads and detailed copyediting, conceptualizing story ideas and overall publication direction.
The Financial Editor will work within a fast-paced team of editorial specialists to provide editing and writing assistance on long-form articles on various financial and wealth management topics. The Financial Editor should possess knowledge of sophisticated investment strategies for both institutional and individual investors, as well as a familiarity with retirement planning, wealth management and estate planning issues. In this role, the Editor will work across multiple channels including print, digital and broadcast.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding writing and reporting abilities, and experience editing for content, scope, flow, style and adherence to quality standards. Prior experience working on a financial publication preferred. Familiarity with emerging technology and current knowledge of trends and innovations in digital media a plus.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage a large amount of copy for several financial and business publications and/or sites, and keep a detailed record of copy coming in from various freelancers and in-house writers.
- Strong brainstorming skills and ability to conceptualize, write and edit content for features and departments; ability to collaborate with the team in developing story ideas and editorial calendars that meet client needs.
- Ability to calmly and diligently juggle multiple, results-oriented initiatives under tight turnarounds.
- Research complex financial subjects and write copy tailored to a target audience
- Ability to make decisions and delegate to and lead junior team members, including associate editors, interns and writing program participants.
- Lead editing process for various publications or projects; strong editing skills and ability to shift seamlessly between big picture and copy edits.
- Collaborate with content, digital and broadcast teams to write and edit copy for web, video and social media projects as needed.
Imagination is an EOE.
APPLY HERE: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IMAGINEPUB&cws=1&rid=119 MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!