This job is no longer available
EVENING STANDARD ONLINE NEWS EDITOR
- Curating and packaging the best and most relevant stories of the day from the paper and beyond and giving them the most appropriate angle for Standard online readers.
- Ensuring that live and breaking stories are continually updated for the website to maximise traffic.
- Running the online news team and liaising with the news desk and online desk.
- Creating a modern and unique news identity for the site.
- Building the profile of the site through social media.
Skills and qualities:
- A solid news background in print and online.
- Fast, accurate and able to combine detail work with a good reactive sense.
- Brilliant copy editing and headline writing skills.
- A strong ideas person with bags of flair, wit and a modern, imaginative approach to current affairs.
- A strong understanding of the importance of pictures online.
- An in-depth knowledge of London, the internet and the target Standard online reader.
Closing Date - Sunday 4 November 2012