This job is no longer available
Duration: November 2012 - February 2013, with the possibility to extend
Hours: Part-time, 2-3 days a week
Expenses: Travel and lunch
About the Digital Communications role
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build their digital portfolio, by creating content for a UK based-charity that tackles women’s issues on a global scale. This role with Forward will see you playing a key role in re-launching our organization’s website.
FORWARDis a campaign and support charity that works on advancing and safeguarding the sexual and reproductive health and rights of African girls and women. We work in UK, Europe and Africa to help change practices and policies that affect access, dignity and wellbeing. We tackle female genital mutilation (FGM), child marriage and related rights of girls and young women.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Writing articles, features and guides for the new site
• Use our content management system (WordPress) to create pages and upload content
• Proofreading and editing content
• Contributing creatively towards editorial best practices for the site
Qualities, skills and experience:
• A flair for writing concise and compelling copy
• Experience in digital communications
• Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is a definite advantage
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent spelling and grammar
• Highly-driven and comfortable taking own initiative
• Interest in women’s rights and gender issues
• Comfortable dealing with culturally sensitive issues
How to apply
In less than 300 words tell us why you’d like to volunteer at Forward and how you are suited to the role. Send this information, a CV and links to three of your best pieces of published work to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 5pm on Monday 12 November. Start week commencing 24 November.