International Intern for Women’s Lifestyle site launch in America
Sofeminine.co.uk is already one of the most successful online women’s magazines with 2 million unique users worldwide and we are now expanding our brand into the US with an all new female lifestyle site – wewomen.com.
We’re on the hunt for an editorial intern who is a self-motivated team player and obsessed with US celebs, fashion, beauty and lifestyle trends. You’ll be a talented writer with excellent journalism skills and proven experience in an online journalism environment.
You should have an in-depth knowledge of American culture and a flair for writing with plenty of personality, a love of digital media and the ability to work under pressure.
You‘ll have excellent attention to detail and an impressive work ethic with your finger firmly on the pulse of what’s hot in America right now. From the celebrities that matter to health trends and diet news, you will be obsessed with US popular culture and the things that make young American women tick. If you’re looking to prove that you belong in online magazines and want the chance to join a site at a key point in its development then this is the placement for you.
This internship is a paid position that will at first be based in our London offices, but candidates must be flexible as the internship will have to be US-based after the launch of Wewomen.com.
This placement offers a chance for intensive training in online media with the opportunity to gain experience on many levels on a new and exciting launch.
- Cloning and adapting content from sofeminine.co.uk for wewomen.com
- Creating local content to give site a US focus
- Creating regular fashion and beauty features including galleries and trend round ups
- Breaking celebrity news stories
- Researching lifestyle trends and pitching features
- Revamping and updating content on the site.
- Social Media for Wewomen.com
- Identifying opportunities for content, brand growth and development
- Keeping on top of our recipes database
You will ideally have:
• A degree
• An in-depth knowledge of American culture
• Experience in women’s media, ideally online
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent subbing skills
• Adobe Photoshop skills
• A love of digital media
• A social media habit
• Creative ideas
• An awareness of SEO
• A genuine love of women’s lifestyle media
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent grammar and spelling skills
• Attention to detail
• The attitude of a team player
• A sense of humour
To apply please send a cover letter and CV, an example of your writing style (published work or a blog post you’re proud of), and three pitches; one fashion feature idea, one celebrity gallery idea and one feature idea for our health and fitness pages. Each pitch should have a distinctive focus on US buzz topics and trend influencers.
Please send these elements to the managing editor firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th April. Please note that the subject line of your email should read ‘WeWomen Intern.’
Please note we will not consider applications that are incomplete.
Due to the number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.