Editorial Intern Placement
Editorial intern placement, Psychologies
Psychologies is looking for an enthusiastic editorial intern to join our features desk for a 3-month (full-time), expenses-paid internship.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and motivated individual to gain extensive editorial experience, both on the psychologies.co.uk website and on Psychologies magazine. We are seeking a positive and passionate intern who can produce interesting and relevant content for the website and social media sites, support the features desk with research and other ad hoc duties, and take responsibility for looking after two regular pages within the magazine.
The ideal candidate will:
- Preferably have previous editorial experience in a newspaper or magazine environment in order to get the most out of this placement.
- Have social media experience and be brimming with ideas to grow our social media identity.
- Preferably have experience using CMS.
- Have impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Be bright, hardworking, show initiative and have a positive energy.
- Researching stories, finding experts and liaising with PR companies to produce exciting and relevant content for the psychologies.co.uk website.
- Picture research for the psychologies.co.uk website.
- Producing social media content, promoting the magazine, growing the online identity of Psychologies and increasing traffic to the site through social media campaigns and social interactions online.
- Assisting with regular pages within the magazine.
- Ad hoc editorial research/tasks, supporting the features desk.
- Potential opportunities to assist with feature writing for the magazine.
If you think you are suited to the role, send an email marked ‘Editorial Intern application’ containing a covering letter, your CV, and a short 300-word piece that you feel would suit psychologies.co.uk, along with an example tweet to promote it, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 2nd September.
The Psychologies office at Kelsey Publishing is in the beautiful surroundings of rural Cudham yet is within the M25. Transport to and from Orpington station is provided for those that do not drive.