Matchbox Publishing, Editorial Assistant Internship
Matchbox Publishing is a young, dynamic content marketing agency who deliver beautifully presented and well crafted editorial content and creative content marketing strategy.
We are looking for a highly motivated intern to assist a busy editorial desk on the launch of its exciting new Notting Hill-focused iPad launch. The ideal candidate will have some editorial experience and possess strong research skills. They should be confident in liaising with PRs, and have a good eye for great imagery and compelling stories. Strong writing skills would be a bonus and excellent organisational skills are essential. The candidate will also be responsible for helping to build a social media campaign prior to launch, so a good understanding of this will be key. Please apply only if you can commit to a three-month period.
Overall tasks will include (but not limited to):
• Manage all social media
• Support Editorial team with everything and anything- from research and planning editorial content to conceptualising digital campaigns
• Monitor digital media and content marketing industries and for new trends, case studies and competitor activity
• Demonstrable strong interest in marketing, technology and the media/magazine industry
• Creative, open, positive, can-do attitude
• Daily use of social media and a clear understanding of what makes popular social networks (Facebook, Google +, Twitter) successful
• Attention to detail
• Proven ability to manage multiple daily tasks and manage time well
• Ability to be proactive: take initiative, think and deliver new solutions
• Excellent relationship-building skills- able to work and communicate effectively with different people
• Previous marketing experience or a Marketing degree, is advantageous but not mandatory
• Fluency of and excellent written English essential