JLD Media, Pure Beauty - Internship
JLD Media has an exciting opportunity for an Internship position on its market-leading retail beauty trade title, Pure Beauty. Working with the Editor and Web Executive the role will be wide and varied, involving significant interaction with the PR and marketing departments of the world’s leading cosmetics and fragrance companies.
This is a 12 week placement commencing 1st October 2013, with the opportunity of being offered a permanent position following successful completion of the Internship. Working hours will be 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, based at our central London offices, opposite Kings Cross station.
This is a paid placement of £200 each week plus reasonable travel expenses.
The role will involve news and feature writing, picture sourcing, proofing and subbing, and representation at industry events, including the prestigious Pure Beauty Awards 2013 staged at The Savoy in October. Assisting the Web Executive in delivering timely content across all of our online platforms is integral to the role.
- Researching and sourcing news and feature material for publication in the monthly magazine, web site, eNewsletters and social media
- Writing content for all the title’s platforms to deadlines
- Meeting face-to-face with PR and marketing representatives
- Attending product launches
- Assisting Web Executive
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- High proficiency in Apple Macs
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign / Creative suites
- Knowledge of MSOffice suite
- Experience using social media
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in news writing, and related aspects, particularly proof reading
- A passion for beauty
- Knowledge of HTML
- Experience with B2B journalism
- A specialist journalism qualification or accreditation
The successful candidate will receive a wide introduction to the fast-paced world of business-to-business publishing, working in a small company where every member of the team gives 110% with a can-do attitude. You will have the unique opportunity to get involved with all aspects of publishing including news and feature writing, subbing and proof reading.
The job would suit a recent graduate looking for that elusive first job.
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th September with interviews taking place the following week.
Please send CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org