Student365, editorial intern
Student365 - the UK's number one student website - is looking for an enthusiastic editorial intern to join our small but busy team in north London.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into the publishing industry, online experience and build up a portfolio of published work.
Responsibilities will include researching and writing lively features, commissioning and editing copy, promoting stories through social media and SEO activity.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be able to write with flair
* Have a strong understanding of how to grow an online audience
* Have great ideas for using social media to engage with students
* Be self motivated and possess great organisational skills
* Have a strong knowledge of the student audience and their interests
* Be professional and eager to learn
Experience of the following would be useful but not essential:
• Using CMS (Wordpress etc)
• Writing for a youth audience
• Liaising with PRs
The role is based in north London and you’ll be required to work two-three days per week for a minimum of two months. This is an unpaid role but travel expenses (within London) will be covered.
To apply, please send your CV, together with two examples of your written work, to email@example.com with the word ‘intern’ in the subject line. Submissions can include a blog post or a student newspaper article. Keep them short though please, we’re not looking to read your dissertation!