Farmers Weekly, Arable Reporter - Sutton
Farmers Weekly – Arable Reporter
Farmers Weekly, Crops and FWi are Britain’s leading information providers to arable farmers.
We are seeking a reporter to work on our busy arable and Crops desk.
The reporter will report to the arable editor and will work as part of a team of four to produce content – both for print and online - of relevance to the arable sector.
The Farmers Weekly Group operates as a totally integrated web and print team to meet strategic goals. The strategy is to:
• Maintain our market leading position in print
• Grow online
• Develop new products and tools for print and online
• Expand our projects
• Manage costs
• Increase capabilities of the team
The arable reporter will work closely with the arable channel editor to direct and implement content in the arable channel inline with strategic goals. He/she will develop and produce timely and informative articles for both print and online, produce videos and develop online tools for FWi.co.uk, and establish contacts with the arable community.
Another key part of the role will be to work with the news desk in producing news content, as well as helping other teams within the Farmers Weekly group.
This is a role that requires flexibility, good team integration and an ability to produce quality content to a deadline.
1. To develop, produce and deliver interesting and relevant articles for Farmers Weekly, Crops and FWi website
2. Prioritising workload to produce the above to a tight deadline
3. Sourcing story ideas of interest to arable farmers
4. Building relationships with the arable community
5. Operating as a multi-media journalist producing videos and using online tools
6. Using social media, such as Twitter, Facebook and forums, to engage with readers
7. Editing content submitted by readers and third party suppliers
8. Responsibility for managing “specials” and “supplements” within the magazine.
9. Flexibility to travel across the UK and abroad
Key Skills Required:
- A good knowledge of the arable industry
- Creativity, enthusiasm and a team player
- Knowledge seeker
- Ability to produce accurate written work to deadline and a brief
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Interest in online journalism, including audio, video and social media
- Ability to develop a good rapport with key industry leaders and growers
- Driving licence
- Educated to degree level
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Group Pension Scheme
- 29 days holiday
- Paid charity days – 2 days per year
- Save As You Earn share scheme (SAYE)