Matchbox Publishing, Editorial Assistant
Matchbox Publishing is a young, dynamic content marketing agency and publishing house that delivers beautifully presented and well-crafted editorial content and creative content marketing strategy.
We are looking for a highly motivated editorial assistant to join a very busy editorial desk at Corner, an exciting Notting Hill-focused multi-platform bi-monthly magazine, quarterly newspaper and daily-updated website.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable editorial writing and picture researching experience and possess strong research skills. They should be confident in liaising with PRs, and have a good eye for great imagery and compelling stories. Strong writing skills and excellent organisational skills are essential – the candidate must be able to turn around sharp, snappy copy to super tight deadlines. They will also be responsible for helping to maintain and strengthen our web content and social media, so a good understanding of these areas and Wordpress would be ideal.
Overall tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing all social media
- Supporting the editorial team with anything from researching, planning and writing editorial content to conceptualising digital campaigns
- Monitoring digital media and content marketing industries for new trends, case studies and competitor activity
- Demonstrable strong interest in the media/magazine industry and marketing
- Creative, open, positive, can-do attitude
- Daily use of social media and a clear understanding of what successful social network campaigns (Facebook, Google +, Twitter)
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple daily tasks and manage time well
- Ability to be proactive: take initiative, think and deliver new solutions
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to work and communicate effectively with different people
- Previous editorial or marketing experience is advantageous but not mandatory
- Fluent spoken English and excellent written English essential