Telegraph Media Group, Arts and Entertainment Internship
Telegraph Media Group have an exciting opportunity for an Intern to join their Arts and Entertainment desk for six months from Monday 2nd February 2015 until Friday 31st July 2015 (Monday to Friday). This is a fully paid internship and you don’t need any qualifications, all that we ask is you have a passion for Arts, Entertainment and writing.
Arts and Entertainment covers the whole spectrum of culture, theatre, dance, film, art, rock & pop and classical music. We also cover major festivals such as the Cannes Film Festival and the Edinburgh International Festival with reviews, features and interviews. The daily pages cover art, art sales and film and the review section contains DVD and CD reviews along with where to go and what to see for the forthcoming week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated intern to join the Arts and Entertainment team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An enthusiasm for and knowledge of the arts and entertainment.
- A good understanding of online publishing and social media .
- An understanding of the Telegraph's reputation and readership.
- Efficiency, organisation, motivation and initiative.
- Produces work to a high standard.
- Be able to supply (at application) links to two pieces of writing (personal blog etc)/
The role will include:
- Uploading and presenting Arts and Entertainment content online.
- Helping to run the Arts and Entertainment desk's workflow documents.
- Depending on ability, there may also be feature opportunities too.
As part of the application process you will be asked to answer four questions. Two written and two via a YouTube video. Please note that we are not interested in the quality of the video (you can use your mobile phone, laptop or even library computer to complete your video) we are only interested in the answers you give.
- Tell us what you know about the Telegraph Media Group? (150-250 words)
- What makes you unique? (150-250 words)
- Please provide us with two links to examples of your writing (blog etc.)
- What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
- What is your dream job and how would this internship help you get there?
Videos should be no longer than 4 minutes in duration and you should spend approximately 2 minutes per question.
Unlisted videos on YouTube
When you upload a video, by default it iss set as a 'Public' video, which means that anybody can view it. You can easily change the privacy settings in the 'Privacy Settings' section to 'Unlisted'. Only people you send the link to can view your video.