Telegraph Media Group is, Magazine Social Media Internship
Telegraph Media Group is looking for a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated social media intern to work across the Telegraph Magazine and Stella.
The successful applicant will be passionate about social media and possess an instinctive understanding of how to grow followings, engage with users, tailor our outstanding content to a social media-savvy audience and grow traffic. Whilst an ability to write compelling and snappy copy in the tone of each magazine is vital, the internship also demands the successful candidate show a talent for the visual element of social media. As such, our intern will work closely with both features and picture desks.
The successful candidate will be expected to show initiative and creativity in devising social media strategies across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and the efficiency to execute those strategies.
- Social media should be second nature. You will be a confident and passionate user of social media and sharing platforms and understand their vital role in the broader media.
- Curiosity and awareness of the news, lifestyle, entertainment and culture agenda.
- Ability to both write very well and in a style best suited to each social media platform.
- Understanding and awareness of visual journalism.
- Confidence to communicate well with features and picture teams across two magazines.
- Competent IT, PhotoShop, CMS and SEO skills.
- Quick thinking and reacting instinctively to breaking news and trends.
During this internship, the successful candidate will:
- Work with editorial team to devise social media strategies for both magazines on various social media platforms.
- Compose, design, post and schedule posts in the house style and tone of each magazine.
- Engage in a responsible way with audiences.
- Report on the growth, successes and failures of each social media channel.
- Write articles and features designed primarily to resonate with a social media audience.