Public Relations Intern, U.S. News & World Report - Washington, D.C.
U.S. News & World Report seeks a college graduate for a year-long internship in public relations and communications in our Washington, D.C. office. The primary duty of this full-time (37.5 hours a week), hourly paid position is to support the public relations department in executing PR efforts across the company, including but not limited to social media strategy, award submissions, corporate announcements, and rankings product releases.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual looking to grow public relations and communications experience. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent writing and communications skills and the ability to multi-task. He or she must also be extremely organized and, as a member of a small team, willing to work independently and take on other duties as assigned.
- Strong research and writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and work on deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- College degree or equivalent
- Daily monitoring of press clippings, industry news, and social media platforms
- Building and updating media contact databases
- Building pr reports
- Developing the Press Room on usnews.com
- Researching / drafting press releases, fact sheets, and awards submissions
Applicants must provide three writing samples and two references in addition to a resume and cover letter.