MTV, PR Intern
Exciting publicity internship opportunity starting on the 15th June for 12 months!
Are you a great writer, consider yourself a perfectionist, love meeting and engaging with new people? If so, the MTV PR department want to hear from you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to gain valuable experience in the PR team, working with the in house team on all press across multiple events, projects and programming priorities. The Intern’s primary responsibility is to support the PR team with administrative based tasks and project work across all of our major brands.
- Compilation & distribution of MTV Daily press cuttings
- Ability to skim PR stories and flag coverage and competitor PR activity
- Liaise with internal teams regarding programming highlights and assets which then need to be drafted into a concise, monthly PR highlights document
- Helping update media and internal contact database
- Management of filing systems - including press clippings and artwork
- Helping with sending press releases, biographies and media alerts when required
- Updating factsheets and timelines
- Minute taking
- Liaising with TechConnect (in-house Tech dept) re: Team Technology concerns
- Additional projects assigned during the course of the internship (ex. assisting in creating press coverage showcase for internal distribution, compiling press packs, etc)
- Renewing departments magazine subscriptions
- Supporting and participating in (when appropriate) events and press days covered by the PR team Updating the communications speaking opportunities grid and flagging up any of interest to the team.
- Updating editorial calendar
- Offering team support: Newspaper/post collection & distribution, magazine filing, binding, etc, stationery orders, booking bikes and cars; dubbing DVDs
- Managing the PR Twitter account liaising daily with media and tweeting all coverage and show information
- Basic knowledge of Word & Excel
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint helpful
- Excellent computer skills
- Very comfortable using online resources
- Great telephone & e-mail manner
- Social media skills ie Twitter.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise while taking on multiple projects simultaneously. Writing and spelling skills and attention to detail is a MUST.
Viacom Core Competencies:
- Communicates and Listens
- Builds Relationships
- Influences and Negotiates
- Personal Effectiveness
- Takes Initiative
- Manages the Work
- Composure and Flexibility
- Acts with Integrity
Thinking and Problem Solving
- Develops creative products and solutions
- Judgment and analysis
- Thinks strategically
- Management and Leadership
- Communicates effectively with employees
- Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
- Defines, directs and delegates work
- Develops people through feedback and coaching
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
- Flawless Executive