My Beauty Matches, Beauty Editorial Internship
Love beauty and have a flair for creative writing? Don't feel like working for a corporate? Tired of too much hierarchy? All you want to do is be in charge of a fabulous editorial so that you can proudly say “Hey - I wrote all this and that”!!?
Then keep reading…
My Beauty Matches is UK’s largest online marketplace for beauty products. We have over 1500 brands online all under 1 roof and work with the biggest retailers and brands in the industry! Finally busy women can shop all their favourite products, from OPI to Nars, all in one place. Our super smart technology even provides impartial and personal product recommendations so you don’t have to spend hours online researching for the best product. Think of us as beauty shopping made personal!
Who are we?
We are not your conventional bunch. We love our meditations, dogs, food, babies and fun (team lunches, social nights, pizzas, freebies, etc) but at the same time we are sooooo ambitious that we left our lucrative salaries to build My Beauty Matches, a site millions of women can rely on all over the world.
Each member of the team is: fun, ambitious, driven, flexible, obsessed with their role and even more obsessed with learning something new on a daily basis! We are tremendously proud of seeing our work win multiple awards (i.e. Startup Of The Year 2014 by The Guardian) and can't wait to achieve a lot more!
Who are we looking for?
Someone proactive, ambitious, with a can-do attitude, loves coming up with innovative ideas, hungry to learn something new daily and would thrive in an opportunity where you get to work in MULTIPLE fields: social media, seo and content. You are proud of your fantastic written skills and with your ability to work well within a team and independently.
Your role will involve:
- Copywriting – including blog posts and other content for the website
- Liaising for PR companies to source relevant products
- Learning about and optimising SEO
- Sourcing and editing images
- Editing copy
- Writing press releases
- Creating email newsletters
- Running all social media channels
- Maintaining and contributing blog post ideas in our calendar
- Researching and keeping up to date with beauty news
- Other ad hoc tasks
The role is full time paid internship.
- English as first language with a flair for creative writing
- A passion for beauty with a super positive attitude and eager to learn
- Hard working, analytical and creative – someone who can think outside the box
- Easy going personality with a hunger to produce the best quality of work
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Ability to take ownership of your own work and achieve deadlines
- Experience with one or more photo editing software
- Fast learner and minimum 1 year experience in writing editorials and for social media
- Graduated from a Tier 1 University and preferably studied journalism
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
- Attention to detail with a can do attitude
- Photoshop, InDesign & Blogging experience (bonus)
- Paid internship and freebies
- Attending industry events
- Hands on experience where you will learn a lot from day one!
- The chance to work in a family like office
- Dog friendly work place
- Experience writing for UK's largest online marketplace for beauty
- Freedom to pitch your own ideas
How to apply:
Send your CV and 1 paragraph about My Beauty Matches with a creative tagline about the company so we can assess your creative writing skills by clicking 'Apply' now.