Digital Spy, Social Media Editor
Digital Spy is looking for a social media junkie who is on top of the news agenda and obsessed with breaking stories and trending topics - then working out how DS can join in or predict the conversation and increase brand fame, likes and shares.
The Social Media Editor will oversee all Digital Spy posts and presence across all social platforms, and be responsible for retaining and increasing existing social engagement and followers, as well as referrals to the brand website.
The Social Media Editor is one of the most senior roles at Digital Spy and will have major influence on the brand, assisting the Editor with content strategy and ensuring all staff members have relevant social media expertise. This role is best suited to a self-starter who’s not afraid to experiment and is comfortable with real-time reporting.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define Social Media strategy with Editor and Deputy Editor to retain and increase engagement, referral traffic and followings
- Manage and grow Digital Spy’s existing social presence
- Oversee social output during breaking news events
- Create brand presence across untapped or emerging social platforms where appropriate
- Oversee the execution of all social posts across all platforms, and use deep data analysis to devise a content strategy that will generate the highest engagement
- Be obsessed with the current and future trends in social media and keep the DS team informed, with a clear view of what this means for Digital Spy
- Use and create the appropriate visual and editorial content to drive maximum engagement to each post across each platform
- Work with the sales teams to ensure an appropriate and effective social presence is being woven into commercial briefs
- Work alongside editorial team to update and advise on constantly changing social trends, and Facebook’s ever-updating algorithm
- Oversee social coverage and conversation around live events and breaking news appropriate for Digital Spy
- The successful candidate will be immersed in and passionate about the world of social media and have a comprehensive understanding of what content works best on each platform
- Obsessed with data, analytics and changing algorithms, the right candidate will develop an effective content strategy around statistics and goals, while staying true to the editorial values and brand tone.
- Proven experience of driving strong social engagement and referral traffic
- Sharply honed news instinct and an eye for a story
- Ability to quickly assess breaking news stories and identify angles that will get people talking on social media
- Ability to work fast alongside the news desk to verify, confirm and accurately report breaking news stories
- Applicants should have a firm understanding of (and ability to create) visual material that drives engagement across each platform
- Proven track record of crafting social posts that engage, excite and drive followers to comment, like and share
- Able to quickly respond to buzzing topics and breaking news, the strongest applicant will be able to advise the editorial team on responsive content where possible, as well as being able to create original (brand appropriate) reactive social posts
- Experience of navigating sensitive and often controversial issues on social media is a bonus
To apply, click 'Apply' now.