Square Up Media, Communications Internship
Internship in a busy communications department for a luxury and lifestyle publishing house, working across four magazine brands - Square Mile, Hedge, Foodism and Escapism.
The role is within the Communications Dept, which looks after marketing, PR, reader and client events, social media, distribution and brand partnerships across all titles. You will be required to help across all areas.
Daily Duties include:
- Liaising with PRs and clients regarding brand partnerships and coverage opportunities
- Social Media management - scheduling content across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Pre- and on-the-day support on high-profile events and launch parties
- Representing our brands at events and exhibitions
- Admin work - subscription and database management, general office duties
- Distribution management - on-the-day support before the magazines are available and visiting Tube stations to see distribution - reporting feedback to department.
- Familiarity with social media including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Good written skills - confidence to write small web peices, emails to clients, etc
- Confidence dealing with PRs and press
- Past marketing experience, event organising or PR experience is preferred but not necessary.
About the role:
- This is an expenses only role - to include London based travel and lunch allowance, therefore it is ideally suited to someone in London.
- The role is available immediately.
- The internship is a one-month position.
- Flexible working hours, typically 9:00 - 5:30 daily.
Square Up Media was founded in early 2005 and has grown to become one of London's leading luxury and lifestyle publishing houses. Its portfolio includes print titles Square Mile magazine, the City of London’s top lifestyle monthly title, Hedge magazine, a high-end quarterly title exclusive to the Hedge fund industry, Escapism magazine the UK’s largest free travel title and Foodism magazine, London’s largest food and drink magazine.
GCSE / Scottish Standard Grade / BTEC or NVQ equivalent
A - Level / Scottish Highers / BTEC or NVQ equivalent
Access / Foundation Course or Apprenticeship
Graduate with BA or BSc
Apply with a few lines on why you’re a great fit (and your CV) to Emily Buck by clicking 'Apply' now.