Global Blue, Picture Assistant - Temporary
6 week contract (with the possibility to extend)
Global Blue is a tax refund service, which facilitates tax-free shopping for international travellers. Globalblue.com runs an editorial section providing fashion news items, recommended products and features related to shops, brands and destinations where Global Blue operates.
Global Blue also publishes an international luxury shopping guide called SHOP Magazine for over 40 key cities around the world, the latest of which can be viewed here - issuu.com/globalblue.
SHOP Magazine is the luxury international shopping guide that connects international travellers with the most fabulous brands, products and places around the world. SHOP publishes over 40 different publications in key cities around the world, as well as a similar schedule of timely content published online at globalblue.com in three languages.
Global Blue is looking for someone who will be an important addition to the picture team to provide support preparing and loading images to the website and mobile app, as well as researching images for SHOP magazine for a period of 6 weeks (possibly longer).
Among other things, duties will include:
- Image re-sizing for print, web and mobile
- Photo retouching for colour and quality enhancements
- Cutting out products from a background using pen tool and/or channels
- Ensuring all images resized for online and print are done so within tight deadlines and to a high standard
- Loading images to the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system/Online CMS/Online flatplan
- Sending contact sheets to print designers with clear instructions
- Picture Research for features and articles
- Checking image captions and photographer credits
- General admin and help around the office
We are looking for someone with proven Photoshop skills who is both passionate and knowledgeable about print and online media, with an ability to work quickly and efficiently.
The candidate must be a friendly and clear communicator and capable of working calmly under pressure. Attention to detail and a great eye for layouts are essential and experience of the fashion and luxury markets is also highly desirable.
We are particularly interested in candidates who are multilingual, web-savvy, and with an understanding of copyright and image rights.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter by completing the application form below, to Haze Alieu Sambou, Picture Editor.
We are based in Angel, London, and working hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm.