Telegraph Media Group, Magazine Picture Desk Intern
The internship on the Telegraph magazine and Stella magazine picture desk offers a photography graduate (MA or BA) an invaluable opportunity to experience how magazines function and gain real-world knowledge that will help you to succeed in the job market either as a picture researcher or photographer.
From the start of your internship you are treated as an integral part of the team. It is assumed that that you will be a motivated self-starter, an organised and efficient multi-tasker, able to think creatively and laterally in order to fulfil relevant briefs.
As per the responsibilities listed below, the role involves equal measures of administration and creative picture research, with an increasing emphasis on digital skills. The successful candidate will have competent IT, Photoshop, CMS and SEO skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Picture research, captions & credits for regular front/back of book pages across the Saturday Magazine and Stella, including Wildlife, Travel, Hit Refesh, My Beauty Life and some main feature research.
- Call-in pictures from PRs.
- Maintain picture desk filing system & undertake regular desk admin work.
- Highly organised.
- Effective communicator.
- An eye for pictures and images.
- Enthusiasm to learn.
- Team player.
- Passion for photography.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to get things done.
Apply by clicking 'Apply' now.