Redwood, Sub-Editor / Staff Writer - B2B
Redwood is looking for a Sub-Editor / Staff Writer to join our growing business-to-business division.
The ideal candidate will be someone who understands how to demystify complex issues, as well having as a keen eye for detail.
Experience subbing and/or writing for business or trade media would be an advantage. More important, however, is your general awareness of business issues, your willingness to immerse yourself in technical subjects and your ability to ask the right questions when dealing with our expert stakeholders.
Above all, we’re looking for someone who can craft copy to a distinctive tone of voice that is highly accessible without being condescending.
- Editing copy
- Generating ideas for articles and other content types
- Ad hoc copywriting
- Contributing to overall creative discussions about how all our content types work together as part of an integrated multi-channel solution
- Liaising with the client in a positive, professional way and occasionally dealing directly with stakeholders to provide timely, effective solutions to short-term problems
- Research on behalf of the editor and senior staff
- Helping to maintain brand style guides
Skills and experience required
- Ability to write both journalistic and marketing copy
- Good basic knowledge of business and economics
- Interpersonal skills for client liaison
- Ability to interact effectively and respectfully with day-to-day and senior clients and respond and provide appropriate advice and content
- Able to handle multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of digital platforms and social media
- Able to provide high-quality client contact when required by the senior editor
Additional key skills
- Good team-player
- Strong on content strategy
- Client-focused and solution-driven
- Continually seeks to provide added-value elements that surprise and delight
- Mac skills are advantageous though not necessary
- Experience of writing marketing copy and/or ghostwriting for executives
- Experience with multi-channel content development
Apply by completing the application form below.