eDelivery, Freelance Contributing Editor - Weekly Newsletter & Web Content
- Part Time
From beacons to warehouse management systems, route optimisation to customer service and returns; from Big Data to Big Insight, the range of eDelivery topics covers the gamut of the retail sector.
As a hands-on, highly-engaged, curious Editor you will turn this into commercial insight, opportunities and must-read stimulus. Success will come in the form of our industry reputation (retailers and vendors); growth in subscribers and growth in revenues.
eDelivery is the trade title for professionals in “S.O.L.D.” – the Supply chain, Operations, Logistics and Distribution areas of multichannel retail and ecommerce.
Our readers are the power behind the ‘buy button’. eDelivery was created in 2014 as a source of information, inspiration and analysis on the sector, concentrating on how our readers and trade partners can together deliver on the multichannel promise.
Since launch we have added original research in the form of the InternetRetailing IRUK Top500 and we are about to launch the IREU European Top500. Coupled with a new directory, expanded editorial, and relaunched websites, we now seek a passionate, imaginative Editor who can work with the founders to reach the title’s potential.
The Freelance Contributing Editor
This role's primary responsibility is the creation of timely content for the weekly newsletter, spanning bothl analytical features and interviews, and short form snippets for social media.
Additional opportunities exist for print and long-form content commissions (e.g. white papers, ebooks, webinars) by agreement.
You will work at the heart of a long-established, owner-managed team and set of retail-sector titles, working with Sales, Marketing, Publishing and Research colleagues.
The role is not limited to specific tasks, but examples of your areas of responsibility include:
- News analysis, company profiles and editorial, thematic content for the portal and weekly newsletters
- Social media activity via Linkedin and Twitter
- Webinars, roundtables, briefing and related activity from time to time (scheduled quarterly in advance) - remunerated in addition to the ongoing fee.
EDelivery is experiencing significant growth and interest and so opportunities to increase your contribution are real.
- Knowledgeable and interested in the role of operations, logistics and supply chain within multichannel retail and ecommerce
- A fluent, capable, clear and authoritative writer, able to adapt your style to both web and short-form social media
- Experienced commercially within retail and/or logistics suppliers (desirable)
- Possess a track record and credibility within the industry (desirable)
- Fully knowledgeable of the technical and operational areas within the subject matter, sufficient to assess and critique approaches, trends and opportunities, as well as the claims of suppliers
- Familiarity with Wordpress or similar CMS for posting content would be an advantage
- Experience of working Within SEO guidelines is desirable.
Fees will be paid at a rate of £1500 pcm, working 7-9 days each month.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and CV by completing the application form below. Please highlight why you think you are the ideal candidate for this role.
Apply for eDelivery, Freelance Contributing Editor - Weekly Newsletter & Web Content
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly