PR MANAGER| Publishing, Retail, Online
An enviable role within a forward thinking, globally aspirational environment and based in central London. This is an opportunity not to be missed for the candidate with book publishing and campaign delivery experience, plus an almost unnerving passion for consumer technology. You will certainly have a track record in creating evocative campaign strategy and in driving awareness for and on behalf of new and emerging authors; publishing programms, international book festivals and title launches.
Working alongside the external agencies and managing the day to day press office whilst implementing proactive media relations, will also allow you to demonstrate what works well in a fast moving and often changing and unexpected marketplace.
Ideally, you will have experience of working within a book publishing and/or retail environment and for an in house or consultancy role. You will have a track record of delivering high impact campaigns and possess a high level of consumer media contacts. Your specific sector experience will be key here, as will your passion for new and emerging talent. Good knowledge of the UK and international publishing sector and that of online markets will also factor and some travel may also be required.
The rewards are that the successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package and an aspirational environment in which to grow an impressive career.
- Act as UK business partner to the UK and EU Publishing teams
- Implement and drive all coverage for publishing programms, books and authors
- Managing external agency campaigns
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing and promotional team
- Build strong media relations contacts
- Organise participation at international book festivals
- Killer PR style, with at least seven years agency or inhouse experience and preferably in the UK
- Existing publishing knowledge
- Admirable leadership skills and experience of handling highly successful title-based media campaigns
- A love of reading
For a full job description and further details, or to discuss your potential fit for this role, please call Carter Ferris on 020 3397 7543 / 07702 186 088 and email your CV to: email@example.com. Please quote job ref: CF0336