Dennis Publishing, Ecommerce Editor
Dennis Publishing is one of the world's fastest-growing independently owned media companies and is currently one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers in the world. We publish over 70 magazines, digital magazines, websites, apps and mobile sites in the UK (including The Week, Auto Express, Alphr, Coach and Men’s Fitness) and The Week and Mental Floss in the US.
At Dennis, our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to ensure that our staff express themselves in an environment where change and growth are celebrated and we believe every person here contributes to the future success of Dennis!
Dennis Publishing is expanding its technology division by hiring an Ecommerce Editor to work alongside the existing editorial teams for our consumer tech websites Expert Reviews, Know Your Mobile and Alphr.com.
What is the role?
This isn’t a traditional editorial role. As Ecommerce Editor, you’ll be responsible for creating content solely aimed at attracting an in-market audience looking for the best deal. This means creating editorial such as deal roundups, buyer’s guides, group tests, reviews and tutorials. Each piece of content should help users make the best purchasing decision possible.
Research will be a big part of your job. You’ll check analytics constantly and share information with your editor and Dennis’ Head of Partnerships to ensure editorial output is is in line with market demand.
We’re looking for someone who’s a strategic thinker and is comfortable planning content several months in advance to maximise impact for major affiliate opportunities, eg Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc. Similarly, you’ll be good under pressure and comfortable at adapting to an ever-changing market.
You’ll be joining a fun, hardworking and sociable team who are driven towards rapidly growing Dennis Tech Media.
What you'll be doing
- Writing deal roundups on a variety of topics and channels
- Using SEO and social to maximise traffic to your content
- Constantly experimenting with how to improve click through rates to affiliate partners
- Ensuring all of Dennis Tech’s existing content is fully commercialised
- Working with your Editor and Head of Partnerships to ensure they are creating commercially actionable content
- Generating revenue through affiliate programmes
- Using analytics and affiliate data to measure the success of content
- Drawing up content and social-media schedules for commercial projects
- Ideally from a journalism background, but if you can write well and have an ecommerce background, please still apply.
- An interest in ecommerce and its future.
- You need to love analytics and possess the ability to turn data into useful, actionable information.
- You must be very organised and have a passion for finding good deals.
- Familiar with Photoshop, HTML and CMS.
- Working knowledge of SEO and a flair for writing a killer headline
So why work for us?
We’re a hard-working bunch, but we definitely know how to let our hair down (and plant a few trees along the way!) We believe in rewarding employees both financially and through recognition and support every day!
- We have great employee benefits: 28 days paid holiday, interest free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and more.
- We know how to have fun. We host parties, birthday extravaganzas, summer BBQ’s, fancy dress parties, quizzes, charity trips, battle of the band nights and more.
- Our office is slap bang in the heart of London’s West End – situated parallel to Charlotte Street with its many bars and restaurants and five minutes from Soho and London’s media hub.
- As our charity (The Heart of England Forest) is literally at the heart of our business, we host monthly trips to the forest to help plant trees and take a break from the city!
- You’ll be working with passionate leaders. Game changers. Award-winners. Industry extraordinaires. But we’re a social crowd who definitely like to take regular office trips to the local bars to wind down after a busy and of course rewarding week.
Apply by clicking 'Apply' now.