Gem Advertising & Publications, Senior Writer (Qatar)
Gem Advertising and Publications is a leading full service communications agency in Qatar, specialising in publishing, creative, and digital solutions for our clients. Our experienced team of editorial, design, production and systems specialists brings together a complete range of professional communications disciplines, combining creativity and technical expertise to deliver focused content that meet the needs of our clients and – just as importantly – the audiences they need to reach.
Job Description - Senior Writer
- Deliver news and features of the highest quality under minimal supervision;
- Produce speed and accuracy under pressure;
- Display excellent interpersonal skills as befitting a client environment;
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines;
- Devise stories for inclusion in publications and assist with forward planning of stories, utilising contacts, press releases and other media sources to do this;
- Conduct one-on-one interviews and attend press conferences. Recording these interviews and press conferences;
- Build up a strong understanding of issues across the various elements: namely, in the fields of education, research and community service.
- To convey this to an educated, general audience;
- Fact check stories ahead of providing them to the Production Editor for subbing;
- Perform other duties as required from time to time by the Client, Editor or Group Editor;
- A diploma or degree in Journalism, English or any related field;
- Five years’ experience in magazines and/or newspapers;
- Expert writing ability;
- Creative approach to features and news stories;
- Skill in handling multiple deadlines and projects;
- Positive attitude;
- Good interpersonal skills that will help you to develop a solid contact base across the organisation.
Apply by completing the application form below.