Gem Advertising & Publications, Group Editor (Qatar)
- Full Time
Gem Advertising and Publications is a leading full service communications agency in Qatar, specialising in publishing, creative, and digital solutions for our clients.
Our experienced team of editorial, design, production and systems specialists brings together a complete range of professional communications disciplines, combining creativity and technical expertise to deliver focused content that meet the needs of our clients and – just as importantly – the audiences they need to reach.
Job Description - Group Editor
The Group Editor is responsible for leading a 12-strong embedded team at one of Gem’s premier clients in Doha. Working with editors, writers, designers, production staff and translators, the Group Editor will assume overall responsibilities for ensuring that the client’s publications are of the highest standard.
Additionally, the Group Editor will act as a direct liaison with the client as well as a reporting line for the embedded team. This role requires an experienced, creative, and multiskilled communications professional able to provide both editorial best practice and excellent client liaison services. Previous work experience in the Gulf will be advantageous.
- Overall management control of the embedded team;
- Work with the Editors of the publications in implementing deadline and production workflows;
- Assume responsibility for smooth workflows, and compliance to all stipulated editorial, design, and repro and print deadlines;
- Lead and implement, in conversation with the Client and Editor, short-and-long-term planning;
- Work with the Art Director, Editor, and Client in providing timely refreshers of content and visuals for the publications;
- Act as reporting line for the team, English and Arabic;
- Guide and assist a team of writers to deliver high-quality diaries and stories;
- Act as an editorial point of contact for distribution and printing;
- Serve as direct reporting line between the agency and client, managing client expectations;
- Support Account Director in helping to track payments based on work completion;
- Manage leave requests and other administrative duties related to the team;
- Coach/mentor/appraise staff;
- Provide training to the client, when required;
- Produce and present written reports and business proposals to the client and agency;
- Manage varied and numerous client expectations;
- Act with diplomacy and tact at all times when dealing with the client;
- Always be available to ensure that the client’s needs are met;
- And assume overall responsibility for the performance of the embedded team.
- Expert writing and editing abilities;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Ability to multitask;
- Skill in handling multiple deadlines and projects;
- Positive attitude;
- Creative approach to features and news stories;
- Excellent news sense;
- Ability to network and interact with VIPs and VVIPs;
- Solid production experience;
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of writers, designers, production staff;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strength in long-term diary planning;
- Adept at making quick changes to flatplans, stories without affecting production;
- Fluency in English and Arabic would be preferred;
- And an understanding of a client environment and willingness to adhere to protocols.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Gem Advertising & Publications, Group Editor (Qatar)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly