RWMG Bespoke, Managing Editor
A leading Canary Wharf based contract publishing house is looking for an experienced writer, editor and manager to take full responsibility for the editorial content that flows through the business.
The content we produce and manage is diverse; it can range from full content and flat plan creation for a complete magazine or regular title, through to providing advertising led strap lines and content for direct marketing campaigns.
Research and gaining knowledge of our clients and their markets is therefore critical, as is an understanding of the subject matter and the end readership, all of which are diverse and variable.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years industry experience
- Very strong writing and editing ability, preferably in lifestyle and magazine sectors
- A background in both printed and digital platforms
- A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Superior time management and organisation skills
- Experience managing a team, schedules, deadlines and workloads
Role and responsibilities:
- Write and edit features within client magazines
- Work with Account Director/Creative Director/Managing Director to provide content ideas, a structure, plan and strategy for new client magazines, and the relaunch and refresh of existing client magazines
- Develop content and copy suitable for both print and digital platforms
- Source contribution from industry and topic experts when needed
- Edit and control contribution from outside sources
- Provide complete subbing and proofing services for print ready copy
- Work closely with designers to ensure copy and design on all projects are completed to schedule
- Provide copy writing and editorial assistance in generating advertising content and marketing collateral for clients
- Work with Managing Director and Account Director to develop project pitches
- Manage interns and junior editors within the editorial team
- Take full responsibility for schedules and deadlines for all work undertaken
- Comfortable with clients, both in meetings and on the phone
- Well organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
The role is critical within the development of the business, and therefore requires someone that’s very much a team player. We’re looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, and is prepared to develop and grow within a supportive team environment.
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter and CV to Alan Cooke, Managing Director by completing the application form below.