Aurora Energy Research, Media and Press Associate
Aurora Energy Research provides data driven intelligence for the global energy transition. Our core belief is that rigorous modelling, rooted in robust theory and supported by detailed data, yields powerful insight over the medium- to long-run. Unquestionably independent, our analysis is designed to inform our clients’ critical decisions.
Aurora was founded in 2013 by five University of Oxford Professors, who have decades of experience at the highest levels of academia and energy policy. It is now a thriving, rapidly-growing company of 40 staff based in Oxford. Demand for our services is immense, in the UK and abroad, and we expect to grow to over 100 staff in the next few years, having opened our first European office in Berlin in 2016. Our clients include many of Europe’s major energy market participants.
Based in Oxford, you will shape and drive the public appearance of Aurora across all types of media. Rooted in high-quality research, our analysis has gained an excellent reputation amongst our clients, and we now seek to extend our profile in the wider energy industry and with the general public.
Working closely with our senior management team and directors, among them leading academics in energy, environmental and financial economics, you will play a critical role in strengthening of Aurora’s positioning as a thought leader in the energy world. The role offers substantial growth opportunities as we build our media content & press activities.
Your responsibilities will include writing and preparing media-targeted content, publishing our daily insights in social media channels (e.g. twitter), managing the content of our website, building and managing a network of influential journalists, organising media engagement for our directors and senior management, and constantly refining our media & PR approach.
The successful applicant will be a strong communicator and collaborator with the ability to produce high quality output that communicates complex information and ideas in a clear and imaginative way.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, multi-national, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy and the opportunity to substantially influence the perception and brand of the company. The high growth and expansion of the international footprint of the company will provide the potential for personal growth and for accelerated progression.
The position suits a journalist or professional with a PR and media management background. The role can accommodate a variety of experience, ranging from a few years to a more established journalist/media professional.
- Demonstrable experience in PR, journalism or media relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to build productive professional relationships and networks with journalists and other stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage a range of activities effectively to deadline and under pressure
- Experience with and good understanding of dynamics of social media and networks
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and wider stakeholders
- Knowledge of and interest in energy markets
- Fluency in a major European language (e.g. German, French) beyond English
- Knowledge of basic analytical and statistical techniques
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
The successful candidates would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received.
Salary will be competitive and reflecting the experience of the candidate. Applicants should send their CV and a brief cover letter by completing the application form below. Please state your earliest possible start date.