TheStreet, Reporter (London)
- Full Time
TheStreet, Inc., (www.thestreet.com), an award-winning financial media company, is seeking a Reporter.
Based in London, the Reporter will be responsible for sourcing, developing, analysing and writing news stories and features for financial news web sites and digital products with both TheStreet and The Deal.
The right candidate will be able to break news about equities markets, M&A, auctions and other transactions. That person will also be comfortable juggling short and longer term projects and be able easily to switch between assignments primarily destined for a professional audience of high-level company executives, private equity investors, lawyers, investment bankers and other corporate advisers, and stories for retail investors.
The Reporter also needs to be a team player able to cooperate with colleagues on assignments where appropriate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generating enterprise news stories and features irrespective of the breaking news flow
- Writing incisive copy in a timely manner in response to breaking news
- Following market trends and providing sophisticated analysis of developments within Reporter’s beat
- Representing TheStreet and The Deal on television, video or as a speaker at industry events
- Familiarity with company income statements and balance sheets and knowledge of how to find news in regulatory filings
- Familiarity with measures of how companies are valued
- Familiarity with financial websites and databases
- 3+ years prior financial reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Comfort level with financial terminology and numbers
Please send your resume and salary requirements by completing the application form below.
Apply for TheStreet, Reporter (London)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly