TheStreet, Social Media Journalist (London)
TheStreet, Inc., (www.t.st) an award winning financial media company, is seeking a Social Media Journalist.
The Social Media Journalist will actively write and create content for our various social media platforms with primary focus on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. By create, we mean reporting, producing, writing and presenting.
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for TheStreet's editorial and premium content on social media. We need someone who will find and report on business stories that resonate most with our social audience, create posts, manage accounts, produce field video segments and appear in daily video news hits. We're open to ideas and constant experimentation.
This is a full-time, in-office position in our London office.
- Recognizing social trends in digital media specifically within consumer lifestyle segments including health & wellness, sports, retail, food and travel
- Create, edit, post, schedule and spread content from TheStreet across its various platforms as well as collaborate with TheStreet’s editorial staff to deliver their content across said platforms
- Find visual ways to tell stories on video and produce the segments
- Produce and appear in daily “Before the Bell” video segments wrapping the biggest overnight headlines from Europe for Americans waking up in the morning.
- Monitor social analytics from all TheStreet social outlets using various analytics software
- Live-tweet various events, shows, live blogs and other events
- 3 or more years of experience creating social media content
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to shoot and edit video for social platforms
- Have an active Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of tools like Social Flow, Hoot Suite, Tweet Deck and other social media publishing platforms is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Chartbeat is a plus
- Open and willing to work from a mobile device (phone, tablet) on evening/weekends and off-market hours when necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Please email your resume and salary requirements by completing the application form below.