GiveMeSport, Sports Writers & Editors
Sports New Media are on the lookout for sports writers and editors with social media skills and big ideas to join their UK writing team for GiveMeSport - the fifth biggest sports site in the UK - as part of continued expansion plans.
- Leading news writing shifts, overseeing other members of the writing team
- Sourcing and writing stories
- Promoting stories to social media channels
- Sub editing other writers' stories
- Writing original feature content
- Collaborating with video and social media teams
- Coordinating with technical and marketing teams as and when required
- Supporting the content management team on assignments
- Ideal candidates will have minimum 1-3 years experience in digital sports media (or 3-5 years for an editor role)
- Extensive social media knowledge
- Creative, journalistic and headline writing skills
- Strong editorial judgement in a fast-paced environment
- Communication skills (both verbally within the office and written when working remotely)
- Broad sporting knowledge
- Digital media and IT skills
- Ability to work from central London office
- Ability to work evenings and weekends from home as and when required (on a rota)
There are a variety of potential roles on offer at more senior and junior levels. A range of candidates are welcome and we will respond to successful applicants within two working days.
Apply by completing the application form below.