China Daily European Weekly, Journalist
2 days left
- Full Time
From print to digital media, from China to the Americas, Europe, Africa and the rest of Asia, the China Daily Group is an authoritative provider of information, analysis and comment for global readers with a special focus on China. While China Daily has firmly established itself as the leading English-language news organisation in China since its founding in 1981, the group also publishes the Hong Kong, US, European, African, Asian and Latin American editions of the flagship brand with a total circulation of 900,000.
China Daily European Weekly was launched in 2010. Each edition has 32 pages and is distributed in about 27 European countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium and France. Now China Daily UK is looking for a Journalist for China Daily European Weekly.
- As part of the News reporting team you will mainly be assigned with interviews or take lead in turning news ideas into newspaper writings or multi-media journalistic products which cover various China-themed topics on economy, trade, politics, cultural and bilateral relations
- Maintain an up to date awareness of key economic developments to write topical business and finance features and in depth company profiles.
- Play a key role in assisting with the editing and production process from newsgathering, writing, setting production schedules and page planning.
- Build on new and existing relationships to foster key contributors within Chinese business circles.
- Work closely with colleagues to generate new ideas to further develop the quality and relevance of published articles.
- Strong passion in journalism, especially in producing China stories
- Ability to work under pressure, adhering to strict submission deadlines
- Strong writing and speaking competence in English
- Speaking Chinese is not necessary, but it will be a plus.
- Strong experience working on international assignments for digital or print media organisations
- Proven experience writing articles and features on business and/or economic and financial developments
- Keen follower of economic and financial developments in China would be extremely beneficial
Apply by completing the application form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for China Daily European Weekly, Journalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly