The Debrief, Junior Fashion & Beauty Editor
Our Junior Fashion & Beauty Editor needs to have an intrinsic understanding of today’s savvy, switched-on, ambitious 20-somethings and must be able to deliver engaging, funny, relatable and shareable fashion and beauty content to her on every platform she’s operating on.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about fashion and beauty, but will also understand how and why they’re important to The Debrief audience. As well as having an excellent contacts book and an encyclopedic knowledge of the fashion and beauty world, they will be a digital native and obsessive, with a proven track record at writing, uploading and seeding digital content that’s optimised for search.
They will be an excellent writer and ideas generator who will instinctively understand what makes content compulsive and shareable. They must also have a strong fashion eye, and be able to work closely with the Creative Editor to develop and style on-brand visual fashion stories.
The Junior Fashion & Beauty Editor will be responsible for working closely with the editor to write or commission all pre-planned fashion and beauty content in the style channel, plus one news story a day. They will also be expected to pitch original news ideas in conference daily. They will also monitor and track the progress of The Debrief’s affiliate deal within the style section, and produce native content for brand partners as and when it falls within the style section.
- Attend daily news conference and weekly fashion planning meeting with strong ideas for each franchise.
- Being constantly plugged into the daily conversation on social media, with a special although not exclusive focus on the fashion and beauty industries
- Contributing to the daily news stories on the site as required
- Liaise with PRs as the main day-to-day fashion and beauty contact
- Attending ad hoc commercial meetings and generate digital creative ideas.
- Work with the editor and the rest of the team to create new features and editorial franchises to capitalise on potential traffic periods and key touch points in our audience’s year, with a specific focus on fashion and beauty.
- Attending London Fashion Week alongside the editor twice a year, and working closely with the editor, social media editor and creative editor to develop a program of content around the shows that’s smart, original and relatable.
- Liasing with the creative editor to style and produce fashion and still life stories where required.
- Proven track record of writing and managing digital content, with a specific focus on fashion and beauty
- Established social footprint
- Excellent contact book
- Ability to think strategically about seeding content
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape
Apply by completing the application form below.