House Beautiful & Country Living, Web Writer
1 day left
- Full Time
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the Web Editors in all aspects of contributing, generating and uploading content to House Beautiful & Country Living.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To create original SEO-friendly content for the House Beautiful & Country Living websites
- To originate ideas for online content and see them through to completion
- To sub and check all web content as required and to ensure that all material uploaded is appropriate to the House Beautiful & Country Living brands
- To upload content across each area of the website using the content management system (CMS)
- When required to manage and schedule House Beautiful & Country Living social media posts including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- To using analytic tools to create reports where necessary and communicate data to wider teams
- To adhere to workflow schedules throughout the web production cycle
- To be aware of the competitive set and activities. Keep abreast of new ideas and trends
- To represent the brand, where appropriate, attending relevant events, including reader events, which may be in the evening
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
The Web Writer will contribute ideas, generate and upload content. Working as part of the digital team to drive traffic and increase engagement across the digital brand. The Web Writer will be expected to create content for all areas of the site.
- Create new and unique content to drive traffic from different sources and increase engagement
- Work as a collaborative member of the digital team
The right candidate will have digital editorial experience and be a talented writer with experience in producing content for online. They’ll be comfortable working collaboratively with digital and editorially teams. The successful applicant will be excited by digital and have a keen interest in data and analytics. Knowledge of editorial video is a plus, but an enthusiasm for new tools and technology is a must.
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Strong creative writing skills, and excellent understanding of industry standard CMS systems and the principles of SEO
- Experience of uploading content online and use of social media
- Ability to generate and translate ideas and concepts into first class digital features
- Proven experience writing and editing copy for online purposes
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work accurately and to deadline
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Enthusiastic and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience using analytic tools
OUR BRAND STORIES:
We host a national conversation about fashion, cooking, fitness, TV, work, celebrities and life. You can find it in magazines at lunch breaks, on mobiles on the train home and on tablets on lazy Sundays in bed. It’s a conversation that started nearly 100 years ago, with the launch of Good Housekeeping and has since covered every topic from fashion to fitness, gardening to gossip.
All the while, our writers and editors have built a deep relationship with an audience who thinks, acts and feels just like they do. It’s why the world’s best-loved brands trust us to introduce their products and ideas to their customers.
We have, and will always entertain and give people an escape from their day. As a business we are committed to providing this on our audience’s terms – on any format, any device and at any time.
But more than ever, we believe that Hearst plays an important role in people’s lives. We reassure and advise. We empower and inspire.
Above all, we believe in the power of Hearst and all of our brands to give our audience confidence.
To sign up for that marathon, and turn up at the starting line. To cook that three course meal for the parents-in-law. To speak up in that meeting and not back down. Confidence to wear that dress, and know it looks great. Confidence for millions of people to live the life they want to live.
Apply by clicking 'Apply' now!