PR Account Executive - 3 months' contract
A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious PR professional with 6-12 months solid agency experience to join a growing mid-size PR, content and communications consultancy based in central London.
B2B PR & marketing consultancy creates content for PR, marketing, web optimisation, sales support, social media, lead generation and other communications aimed at engaging clients. It distributes these materials through a wide variety of digital channels and traditional media. Headquartered in central London, the agency has a global reach, with programmes that have extended from Canada to China, Sweden to South Africa, and most places between.
They provide strategy, content and other services for both consumer-focused and business-to-business firms. The company has an underlying emphasis on the creation and dissemination of thought leadership press materials and digital communications at a time when content-led marketing has become integral to brand awareness and lead generation.
One of the first Public Relations agencies to broaden its focus from strictly media placement to a more comprehensive content-led marketing approach, they place thought leadership at the heart of communications programmes for clients.
Specialist sectors in which the agency has experience include marketing services, software, financial services, retail, pharmaceutical, medical technology, document management, print, legal, business services, construction and facilities management, and catering and hospitality. Clients include major UK and international companies as well as specialist firms in these sectors.
A PR Account Executive is invited to apply initially on a 3 months' contract from October to December with a view to perm. You will be a highly competent and proactive Account Executive with previous experience in a PR agency environment, plus hold excellent writing skills. This is a great opportunity to join a busy team working for a mix of client sectors. You should already have 6-12 months solid agency experience under your belt and are looking to expand your skillsets within an intellectually stimulating fast paced environment. In this role you will work closely with your Account Manager and liaise directly with key client contacts on a daily basis to provide them with an excellent PR & communications service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Media relations with target UK & international press – pitching in and following up on press releases, articles and other materials with journalists to gain coverage
- Developing good working relationships with journalists and regularly proactively seeking opportunities for clients in target media
- Developing press materials and content – writing press releases, authored articles on key issues and topics, case studies & reports/white papers
- Intelligently carrying out desk research for press materials content, 3rd party proof-points and client activities
- Developing creative thought leadership and content ideas for clients
- Being a daily contact for clients
- Regularly reporting results and activity to clients
- Liaising with the client’s customers, independent spokespeople and third party organisations as per appropriate
- Ensuring all account activity occurs in a timely manner
- Account administration – taking responsibility for key account tasks
- Assisting Account Manager with managing support staff
- Timely reporting to Account Manager
- 6-12 months previous PR agency experience
- Professional client liaison
- Native English speaker
- Very strong writing skills
- Results driven
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and initiative
- Highly competent
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Reliable and responsible
- Confident personality
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 per annum - pro-rata over a 3 months' contract (Oct-December 2016)
CC Blue Recruitment act as an “Employment Agency” in respect of this vacancy.
CC Blue Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.