Newsweek Europe, Online Sub-Editor
Newsweek Europe is looking for a talented Online Sub-Editor who values accuracy, has excellent attention to detail and thrives on the challenge of working in a fast-paced, breaking news environment. Our team is growing and we are looking for someone ideally with an interest in current affairs and culture to fill this pivotal role.
The responsibilities of the Online Sub-Editor includes:
- Copy editing, fact-checking and proof-reading all forms of digital content.
- Ensure that the Style Guide is followed and updated to meet changing market needs.
- Ensure web content conforms to best practice, including SEO.
- Help to manage copy flow processes and deadlines.
- Liaise with editors to ensure that all web articles meet content and quality standards.
- Ensure administrative tasks necessary for smooth running of site and digital content are completed.
- Raise legal queries with writers and editors.
- High degree of attention to detail to spot and avoid typos, errors, style variations, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Online copy editing skills
- Previous experience in a Sub-Editor role for a reputable news organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of social media strategy.
Apply by completing the application form below.