CNBC.com, Correspondent - 12 month FTC
NBC Universal International
NBC Universal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC (UK) Ltd
CNBC is the world’s number one channel for business news and broadcasts thirteen hours of live programming on the EMEA and Asia Pacific markets every business day from its TV studios based in the City of London and Singapore. CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products including CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data; and a suite of apps including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
The Correspondent, CNBC.com works with the CNBC.com EMEA editorial team to produce stories using a content management system, pitch story ideas, and report and write original news stories for a fast-paced, business and financial news website.
- Packaging story copy including graphics and appropriate links to CNBC.com standards, making it compelling to CNBC.com readers
- Writing fast and accurate breaking news copy
- Pitching, reporting and writing news and analysis stories which can lead the homepage
- Researching data for appropriate stories and content on the site
- Making use of social media and other tools to promote CNBC.com content
- Where appropriate and depending on the candidate’s profile and development plan, update CNBC.com pages in a timely and accurate manner, assign stories and sub-edit copy
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant university degree required
- In-depth knowledge of financial markets and business and economic news
- Familiarity with Reuters terminal and other data sources for research
- Demonstrated experience working for a news website or a wire service
- Demonstrated self-starter, with the ability to make decisions quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills to foster good relations with colleagues as well as contacts and sources
- Good eye for detail, ability to submit clean, accurate copy
- Keen eye for detail and an inquisitive mind with a view to sub-editing copy
- Initiative to follow up on story ideas and be a proactive reporter
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks coupled with the ability to operate under tight deadlines efficiently & accurately
- A clear understanding of CNBC’s editorial and programming priorities
- A flexible attitude to working different shifts occasionally when required
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluency in English
- Experience of working in content management systems desirable
- Experience of working for a leading wire service or business news website desirable
- Ability to speak at least one other European language would be an advantage
Apply by completing the application form below.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.