The Debrief, Creative Editor
The Creative Editor should totally understand today’s savvy, switched-on, ambitious 20-something and be able to deliver engaging visuals and a visual environment that will epitomise her life.
Our readers describe our brand as unique as engaging, and our distinctive, creative visuals are crucial to this. The ideal candidate will be inventive, creative and experimental in how they create fresh, unique and exciting visuals for the site on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will be a digital native and obsessive, with a proven track record at sourcing imagery from agencies, commissioning photography and working on graphics packages that will consistently show that the Debrief is an aspirational, humorous, real and unique lifestyle site for 20-somethings.
- Working with the editorial team to ensure appropriate visuals accompany every story on The Debrief
- Nurturing relationships with picture agencies to ensure The Debrief are offered exclusives and get the best rates.
- Managing the picture budget to ensure we come in on budget each month
- Working with the central design team to ensure the look and feel of the site – including our social media channels and platforms – have the correct look and feel.
- Working with our social media editor to create bespoke visuals for our social media channels, with special responsibility to Instagram.
- Generating ideas for graphics packages and visual innovation across all platforms.
- Commissioning photographers, liaising with stylists and sourcing appropriate locations with shoots.
- Seeking out new photographers who will give the site credibility
- Being able to recognise and source relevant pictures that are platform appropriate
- Being plugged into the daily trending conversation on Twitter and able to respond at speed.
- Be willing to attend ad hoc commercial meetings and generate digital creative ideas.
- Help plan new franchise and social ideas across the year to capitilise on potential traffic periods and key touchpoints in our audience’s year.
- A clear vision: the ability to create a clear, focused visual direction for the site
- Excellent Photoshop and inDesign skills
- Experience of social media management tools
Apply by completing the application form below.