WGSN, Chief Sub-Editor
Are you passionate about words and maniacal in your attention to detail? Do the worlds of fashion and creativity make your heart beat faster? We have the perfect job for you.
We are looking for a brilliant Chief Sub-Editor (internally known as Head of Subbing) to join our content team.
Based in the London office, this role will work with our global team of expert journalists, designers and forecasters to ensure all reports published on our website are of the highest standard and hit our fast-paced deadlines.
The Head of Subbing will join a dynamic editorial team working across a number of directories, ensuring both the WGSN and Lifestyle & Interiors content is current and the best it can be without being rewritten. Proactive, organised and a great communicator, the ideal candidate will be responsible for a large swathe of content published each week on WGSN.com, ensuring everything is accurate, well written and meets our in-house tone of voice and style.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Subbing team, stretching across both the London and New York offices. Experience of working within the fashion industry and, therefore, knowledge of fashion terminology, will be a distinct advantage.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Subbing team
- Ensure copy is edited to a high standard, and ultimately be the guardian of the WGSN and Lifestyle & Interiors style and tone
- Maintain and make corrections (wording, language, facts, designer names, images, links, etc.) on the site
- Own and lead the Subbing team when working on projects set by the Managing Editor and CCO such as tone of voice, report titles, and house style updates
- Act as a mentor to younger members of the team and actively support their development
- Work with the content team and ensure assistance is available for those needing additional editorial support
- Troubleshoot production issues and answer copy/production questions on a rolling basis to ensure consistent work flow and clear communication
- Work with the content heads on strategic planning for editorial production (Future Trends reports, Catwalks coverage, new reports and template changes)
- Help create training material and work on new processes when the circumstances call for this
- Maintain an authoritative style suitable for a highly knowledgeable readership
- Update homepages throughout the day, establish the running order of reports, and source images
- Ensure images used in reports have reached searchable status before activation occurs
- Ensure reports are placed in the correct menu location and tagged appropriately
- Liaise with leadership, editorial, design and translation teams on production priorities
- Review the site daily for errors and inconsistencies Desired skills and experience:
- A strong familiarity and understanding of fashion terminology
- Proven career path within area of expertise
- Excellent planning skills
- Expert stakeholder management and the ability to interact with all teams at all levels
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work in an international team
- Problem solver, self-starter and proactive
- Must be extremely organised and efficient with a strong eye for detail – this cannot be emphasised enough
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as required during busy seasons
Apply by completing the application form below.
WGSN is the World’s Global Style Network, comprising of market-leading products including WGSN INstock, WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors, WGSN StyleTrial and WGSN Mindset our bespoke consultancy services WGSN is a style intelligence business. We enable our fashion and creative partners to make better decisions about what they design, make and sell to improve profits and decrease their costs.
We give creative-led businesses the confidence to lead by using global insights to get ahead. The foundation of WGSN is our global network of passionate experts. WGSN seeks talent globally to work within a business that offers a unique blend of specialist problem solvers and curiosity seekers who put trends and data together to provide the answers to create tomorrow.
WGSN has trend and information hubs in New York, Hong Kong, São Paulo and London and has 16 offices around the world. We employ approximately 500 people, and more than 50% of our talent are content experts. WGSN seeks talent globally to work within a business that offers a unique blend of creativity and intelligence, of intuition and analysis to empower our customers to create tomorrow.
Apply for WGSN, Chief Sub-Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly