Staff Writer, Institutional Investor - NY
The staff writer is a key member of Institutional Investor magazine’s editorial team and is responsible for creating insightful and meaningful content based on industry news and events. He or she will help generate engaging content and analysis that garners a high volume of traffic to the website and encourages awareness and excitement around the II brand.
- Pitch, report and write several engaging stories per week for Institutional Investor, Alpha and Institutional Investor’s private network of asset allocators and managers.
- Promote content via social media and leverage its influence to deepen audience engagement and create loyalty and affinity for the II brand.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key members in the institutional finance industry.
- Stay abreast of the latest financial news and analysis and understand how it impacts II’s audience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business journalism or related discipline.
- One to two years of experience reporting on financial topics.
- A solid understanding of financial markets.
- A broad knowledge of global events and how they impact institutional finance.
- Knowledge of SEO and how to write for the web.
- Exemplary language skills and storytelling ability.
- Experience presenting content across both print and digital platforms.
- A high degree of personal initiative and creativity.
- A proven track record in generating audience growth on multiple platforms, especially using social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Knowledge of content management systems and k4 or similar digital publishing platforms.
- Ability to adapt to and implement new technology.
About Institutional Investor
For more nearly 50 years, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with ground-breaking journalism and incisive writing that provides must-read intelligence for a global audience. This award-winning magazine is essential reading for the world's leading financiers, corporate executives and government officials, who rely on the breadth and depth of coverage that have made Institutional Investor such a premier publication. For more, visit http://www.institutionalinvestor.com.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume and writing samples to Kalina Ollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.