Institutional Investor, London Bureau Chief
The London Bureau Chief will be a key member of Institutional Investor’s editorial team and responsible for leading the European journalism efforts, both online and in print. Ideation and execution of quality content, as well as inclusion at industry events and representing II in the European market, are the key responsibilities.
- Drawing on extensive knowledge of finance, asset management, and capital markets, he or she will generate meaningful short- and long-form content that garners a high volume of traffic to the website and encourages awareness and excitement around the II brand.
- Forging relationships with asset allocators, asset managers and sell-side institutions throughout the European market.
- Driving attendance at our European events and awards dinners.
- Be the public face of Institutional Investor’s brand in the region.
- Promote content via social media and leverage its influence to deepen audience engagement and create loyalty and affinity for the brand.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business journalism or a related discipline.
- Rich background in financial journalism — ideally, at least 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Strong sense of what makes a good web story and how to deliver it with impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Contain a robust set of connections in the industry and be well-respected by their peers and audience.
- Comfortable hosting events.
- A self-starter, who is innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Efficient, organized, and team-oriented.
About Institutional Investor
For more nearly 50 years, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with ground-breaking journalism and incisive writing that provides must-read intelligence for a global audience. This award-winning magazine is essential reading for the world's leading financiers, corporate executives and government officials, who rely on the breadth and depth of coverage that have made Institutional Investor such a premier publication. For more, visit institutionalinvestor.com.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume and writing samples to Kalina Ollinger by completing the application form below.