Show Media, Chief Copy Editor
SHOW MEDIA is looking for a Chief Copy Editor whose job it will be to ensure copy meets the highest standards and who has extensive experience of working with a variety of style and tone in the worlds of luxury and fashion.
You will make sure that the quality of our content is maintained through
rigorous fact checking and you must be a master at writing heads and sells
across print and digital media. SHOW MEDIA is a creative agency producing multiple client and consumer websites, digital newsletters, magazines and strategic marketing collateral.
Reporting to the editorial director, the Chief Copy Editor is an exciting role in a renowned creative agency and an opportunity to be a part of a highly skilled and hard-working team.
Your responsibilities as the Chief Copy Editor will include:
- Managing a permanent copy editing department of two people as well as multiple freelancers
- Subbing all copy across multiple projects, checking accuracy, cutting copy to fit, proofing, maintaining the correct style and tone
- Writing heads, sells and captions that meet house style and/or client requirements
- Liaising with project managers, editors and designers on a daily basis to ensure that studio workflow is on schedule
- Working with in-house writers, project managers and external contributors to make sure deadlines are met
To apply for the Chief Copy Editor role applicants should have:
- Extensive experience in a production/subbing role
- A forensic eye for detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience sub-editing digital media and SEO-friendly content
- InDesign expertise
- Superb organisational skills
- Calmness under pressure
- Time management down to a fine art
- Experience of managing a subbing team
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Show Media, Chief Copy Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly