Law360, Copy Editor (London)
Copy Editor, London
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the 100 largest law firms in the U.S., in-house counsel at major corporations, and government agencies.
Law360 is part of LexisNexis, a division of the global publishing company Reed Elsevier Plc, (FTSE 50), is a leader in professional publishing and a pioneering solutions provider. We are changing the way the world shares information through a unique combination of authoritative content, powerful on-line research and advanced productivity tools.
We are currently expanding our London team and seeking talented editors to join our newsroom. The role will involve working with a dynamic and growing team, led by the former London managing editor of the Wall Street Journal.
On a typical day editors will edit and approve around 10 news articles and features, focused on the UK financial services industry. The UK editor will also be responsible for commissioning and editing expert analysis pieces on UK and EU financial regulation from leading UK law firms and agencies.
Additional responsibilities include writing headlines and reshaping leades; line editing, copy editing and basic fact checking; and examining newsletters prior to publication.
The hours for this position are 11-7 (GMT).
- Exceptional skills in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and vocabulary.
- Bachelor's degree in English, professional writing, journalism, communications or related field.
- Working knowledge of AP style.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience of copy editing.
- Business or legal reporting or editing experience is not required.
- Law360 offers extensive training on legal topics.
Please note: Qualified candidates will be asked to complete an edit test.
Click 'Apply' now.
Law360’s offices are located in New York City; Washington DC; Los Angeles, California; and London.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Pension including Life Cover
- 35 hour week
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- 28.5 days holiday