Newsweek Europe, Art Director
Newsweek Europe is looking for an experienced Art Director/Designer to join its team in London, to oversee weekly cover design and features.
As a designer, you’ll play a leading role in the creation of editorial features, cover stories and digital content that reflects our approach to storytelling.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create bold, impactful covers and features for Newsweek Europe
- Help commission feature photography, illustration and infographics
- Ensure the consistency of visual standards across our magazine pages and website
Desired skills and experience
- At least 3-4 years of relevant professional experience in media/publishing (both digital and print)
- Ability to work well with the team to create bold, engaging and surprising visuals, and ability to work with writers and editors to help shape the reader’s experience
- Efficiency in a fast-paced and highly collaborative news environment
- Strong time-management abilities and interpersonal skills
- Skilled at communicating and presenting creative and visual concepts, and explaining the design rationale behind them
- A proven ability to sell stories in a magazine setting
- Knowledge and understanding of different image sources
- Strong aesthetic sensibility and visual editing skills
- Proven skills with layout, typography, graphics, illustration, form and colour
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Newsweek Europe, Art Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly