FT Confidential Research, Data Visualisation Analyst
The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations.We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
FT Confidential Research, an independent research service from the Financial Times providing statistical insight into China and Asean, is seeking an experienced Data Visualisation Analyst to join its London-based production team.
FT Confidential Research is going through an exciting transition and expanding its subscriber base by moving the content to FT.com, available to premium subscribers.
The small production department needs someone who can contribute to both the day-to-day production duties as well as being an important member of the global research teams, coming up with ideas for graphics, being able to do some research independently and inspiring researchers to think graphically and provide relevant information.
- Producing charts, maps and infographics for to accompany research articles published on FT.com
- Working closely with research teams in London and Asia to come up with ideas for high-quality, informative and relevant graphics
- Proofreading and fact-checking
- Taking part in other production department duties, such as podcast and video editing, providing graphics for social media and creating collateral for the marketing department
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must be flexible, reliable and able to work as a part of a global team and independently to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in information graphic design, cartography and data visualisation
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe creative suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Great Excel skills
- Numeracy, statistical thinking and the ability to ‘design with data’
- Excellent command of English and a good eye for detail
- Background in financial publishing
Click 'Apply' now.