Wex Photographic, Technical Editor - Photography
Wex Photographic is seeking an expert in photography and camera gear to expand and diversify our output. As comfortable in front of the camera as behind, the successful candidate will become the face of our content offering on the stills side of the business.
He or she will attend and report from events and launches; conceive and create content streams; expand our community of professional contributors; and stay up to date with industry developments. In return, we are offering a competitive salary package and the opportunity to work in a thriving environment that values creativity and embraces change.
Increase awareness of the Wex brand by producing and syndicating great content for the stills side of the business.
- Expand and diversify our content output across multiple channels
- Expand our network of contacts and contributors
- Increase social following and engagement
- Increase blog traffic and video views
- Raise the profile of the Wex brand within the industry
- Create engaging blog and video content, covering reviews, advice, thought-leadership, technique, profiles, news and more
- Attend national and international trade shows to network, produce content and report via social media
- Develop a new network of specialist contributors to diversify our content offering
- Generate ideas for new content streams that will drive awareness of the Wex brand
- Shoot, edit, star in and upload short videos
- Contribute to our social media communication to deliver a stream of engaging content covering all areas of the business
- Contribute to copy for use across the site and our external communication channels, including emails, brochures and catalogues
- Attend Wex events to meet our customers and offer expert advice
- Attend manufacturer events to keep up-to-date with relevant product releases and news
- Work with third parties on external competitions and sponsorship opportunities
- Undertake such other duties as may be directed and are commensurate with the level of the post
Scope of the role
There are two Technical Editor positions in the company, with one focusing on the stills side of the business and the other on pro video. The successful candidate will be the go-to technical expert for stills content and will be called upon to advise colleagues in other departments.
The successful candidate will accept and solicit inputs from across the business, interacting on a more-than-daily basis with peers in Marketing, as well as Corporate, Commercial, Sales, Customer Service and Web teams.
- Maintenance and development of a network of photographers, technical writers and presenters for written content, videos and events
- Maintenance and development of business relationships with Events, Corporate, Commercial, Sales, Design, Part-Ex and Web teams
- Maintenance of working relationships with relevant external agencies
Experience and qualifications
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience working on a photography title/website or in a similar role within the ecommerce/marketing sector
- Fluent in English with an excellent standard of written and verbal communication
- Technical photography know-how and understanding of the market
- Enthusiasm for social media and an understanding of networks and trends
- Videography, editing and video-presenting skills
- A strong networks of industry contacts
- Excellent communication skills
- A confident, gregarious manner and a predilection for self-promotion
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple projects
- Diplomacy and the ability to maintain relationships with colleagues and contributors across multiple locations
- Creativity and decision making, coupled with the ability to thrive in a friendly, energetic environment that values integrity and embraces change
- A photographic qualification
- Experience of Wordpress and/or a CMS
Apply by completing the application form below.