Wex Photographic, Managing Editor
Wex Photographic is seeking an experienced photographic journalist and editor to own our content and social output across multiple channels.
We are looking for an individual with demonstrable technical expertise, excellent written English, marketing knowledge and managerial experience who can lead our content strategy and manage a team of three content creators.
Playing a central role in Wex’s marketing department, the successful candidate will evaluate the performance of our content efforts and continually innovate to ensure we deliver a best-in-class experience to our network. In return, we are offering a competitive salary package and the opportunity to work in a thriving environment that values creativity and embraces change.
To cement and grow Wex’s reputation as the country’s most knowledgeable and best-loved photo retailer by owning, expanding, diversifying, syndicating and analysing our content-marketing efforts.
- Expand and diversify our content output across multiple channels, formats and product groups; covering both the Wex and Fixation brands
- Increase social following and engagement
- Increase traffic to the blog
- Increase YouTube subscriber base
- Improve organic reach through active syndication
- Maintain and grow a successful blog and YouTube channel by creating and commissioning engaging articles and videos, covering tips, technique, advice, reviews, news, interviews, competitions and more
- Line-manage and develop a team of three content creators based across two sites
- Manage and expand our network of paid contributors and professional contacts to diversify our content and reach new audiences
- Work with the Fixation marketing manager to help develop a content framework that will meet the needs of the Fixation brand
- Manage an annual commission budget
- Improve the organic reach of our content through active syndication
- Systemise, schedule and communicate the flow of marketing content to maximise engagement
- Generate ideas for new content streams, especially video, that will drive awareness of the Wex and Fixation brands amongst photographic and pro-video customers
- Sub-edit and assure the quality of all content produced by external and internal sources
- Drive traffic to the blog through promotion across social media, email, SEO and cross-site merchandising
- Oversee social media channels to deliver a stream of engaging content, highlight product promotions, advertise Wex events and maintain high editorial standards across all communications
- Analyse and report on the effectiveness of our content efforts
- Contribute to copy for use across the site and our external communication channels, including emails, brochures and catalogues
- Work closely with our SEO agency to support the development of our link-building and outreach efforts
- Attend manufacturer events and trade shows to keep up-to-date with relevant product releases and news
- Work with third parties on external competitions and sponsorship opportunities
- Add content to the website using our CMS
- Upload video content to our YouTube channel
Scope of the role
There is only one Managing Editor in the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Wex blog, video channels and social networks and will be accountable for an annual commissioning budget.
The successful candidate will accept and solicit inputs from across the business, interacting on a more-than-daily basis with peers in Marketing, as well as Customer Service, Commercial, Sales, Events and Web teams.
- Maintenance and development of a network of photographers, technical writers and presenters for written and video content
- Maintenance and development of business relationships with Commercial, Sales, Events, Design, Part-Ex and Web teams
- Maintenance of working relationship with our external SEO agency
Experience and qualifications
- Qualified to Undergraduate Degree level or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience working in an editorial capacity at a photography title/website or in the ecommerce/marketing sector
- At least two years’ experience managing a team
- Demonstrable technical knowledge and understanding of the market
- Fluency in English with an excellent standard of written and verbal communication
- Experience of social-media marketing and an understanding of networks and trends
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Creativity and decision making, coupled with the ability to thrive in a friendly, energetic environment that values integrity and embraces change
- A photographic qualification
- Experience of Wordpress and/or a CMS
- Understanding and experience of SEM
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Wex Photographic, Managing Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly