American Metal Deputy Editor, Argus Media - TX
Argus Media is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information to the energy industry and other commodity related markets. Argus benchmarks are used globally throughout the energy sector for formula pricing in contracts, as a taxation reference, in investment planning and for a variety of other purposes.
This is a quasi-managerial position that provides support to the editor in all aspects of team management and report production, including but not limited to the price-assessment process, creation of market analysis and breaking news, coverage of events such as press conferences and industry gatherings, and management support. This includes collaboration with colleagues on other teams and in other regions.
- Maintain quality of team’s market price assessments, and adhere to rigorous compliance standards; includes regular or backup market coverage, as needed.
- Oversee quality and relevance of methodology for related market(s).
- Write and edit market commentaries, news, analysis and market outlooks.
- Ensure end-of-day publication of content to subscribers.
- Help communicate company message and management’s direction to staff.
- Assist with regular reviews of staff to give and receive feedback.
- Help ensure adequate resourcing of team regardless of vacations and sick leave.
- Contribute to presentations as directed by management; giving presentations to clients and at industry events.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key contacts and liaise regularly with industry stakeholders (buyers, sellers, traders, brokers).
- Help reporters develop new contacts within the market.
- Assist with training direct reports, and provide regular feedback and guidance on daily work.
- Attend conferences and events (some travel required).
- Adhere to strict deadlines.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to other Argus departments.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer
- A minimum of 4 years of prior experience with metals markets preferred
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, geography or relevant field
- Demonstrated goal-oriented collaboration skills, with strong diplomatic and problem solving ability
- Experience in a professional publishing capacity or in an analyst role
- A strong understanding of economics and the role and practice of price reporting
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite with particular experience in Excel
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position