Director of Communications
Our client is a global news organisation and have a worldwide audience of over 90 million users monthly and over 20 million in the EMEA region alone. Not only are they pioneers globally but they have also acquired an infamous print magazine that provides readers with intelligent journalism. They now seek to employ Director of Communications and it is an exciting time to join the organisation as they have gone through new acquisitions and now positioned to be the market leader and this is where you come in to help drive this.
This role will see you focused on managing media and commentary opportunities for the brand and working across all the separate titles for the UK and EMEA networks and working collaboratively with a the US. The role requires candidates to have an understanding and experience of the global news agenda across print, digital and social media, and ideally you will have worked fora media news title.
- Building a strategy to develop the reputation and awareness of the brands
- Identifying key organisations within the media and building relationships to promote the organisation
- Using developed relationships to book key staff for television and radio appearances on political and current affairs programs
- Developing and managing PR campaigns from start to finish
- Understanding the target audience and the businesses we use to increase publicity
- Analysing trends and creating reports which enhance the PR strategy
- Internal communications and Crisis comms where necessary
- Previous experience of working in a similar PR role within the media industry
- Agency or clientside experience
- A thorough understanding of journalism in both the print and digital mediums
- Excellent media relations skills & relevant contacts, including international media
- The ability to communicate and work with a variety of different stakeholders
-Crisis communications and a mix of digital and traditional media skills
In return they will offer a base of circa £80k, plus package, pension gym. They have a great culture that is fun and creative as it would be in the media space, as a company they can offer a great career path as this role can develop and grow with the individual, they have a great name and great titles and your role will be to assist these brands develop a stronger presence in the market place. They have a smart casual dress code and a work life balance. Please apply online.
Apply for Director of Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly