Social Media Editor, Barron's - NY
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Social & Audience Development Editor, Barron's
This newly created position will be responsible for Barron's audience development across all social media and partner platforms in the U.S. and Asia, with a focus on growing our overall audience as well as increasing engagement by our subscribers.
He/she will be embedded within our newsroom but will work closely with a business-side audience development team. This editor will help craft Barron's overall social media strategy, along with being the main day-to-day manager of our social media accounts.
- Maintain social accounts daily, primarily on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Lead overall social strategy across platforms, in conjunction with a business-side audience development team.
- Analyze analytics (Omniture, Parse.ly, etc.) to inform social strategy, as well as advise on editorial strategies.
- Coordinate the creation of platform-specific content, including live video.
- Optimize editorial content for each social platform.
- Advise on headlines to maximize engagement and SEO.
- Work closely with editors and product team to increase user engagement both on-site and off-platform, through personalized/related content recommendations, continual testing.
- Engage Barron's audience, especially subscribers, through commenting/discussions, chats, polls/quizzes, and other interactive elements.
- Identify potential new sources of traffic specific to Barron's target audience (individual and professional investors).
- Form and maintain content partnerships with other sites in order to drive traffic.
Skills/background we're looking for:
- Thorough knowledge of financial markets and investing.
- Social-specific writing abilities; ability to translate in-depth stories into accurate, shareable social posts and headlines.
- Deep knowledge of analytics platforms such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Ability to synthesize and act on audience usage and engagement data.
- Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, as are visual media editing skills.
Click 'Apply' now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets