Dennis Publishing is one of the world's fastest-growing independently owned media companies and is currently one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers in the world. We publish over 70 magazines, digital magazines, websites, apps and mobile sites in the UK (including The Week, Auto Express, PC Pro, Viz and Men’s Fitness) and The Week & Mental Floss in the US.
At Dennis, our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to ensure that our staff can express themselves in an environment where change and growth are celebrated and we believe every person here contributes to making Dennis so brilliantly different.
Dennis Automotive’s evo is looking for a talented new Editor to lead the brand into the next stage of its development.
- Launched in November 1998, evo is one of the most respected motoring titles in the world. It’s now available online at evo.co.uk, in print, tablet edition, YouTube (evoTV), across every major social media platform and licensed in 17 international territories.
- From hatchbacks to hypercars, evo puts the reader behind the wheel of the world’s greatest cars. It punches above its weight in the hotly contested motoring marketplace by keeping pace with the changing needs of the car enthusiast and how they consume content, while remaining faithful to the mantra ‘the thrill of driving’.
- Its website is growing rapidly, providing innovative content that’s core to the brand’s ethos. All in all, evo is one of the most successful international and multi-platform motoring brands in the world and a hugely important part of Dennis Automotive’s offering.
- The Editor has responsibility for all content and growing audiences across all platforms.
- You’ll already be an experienced, successful and innovative editor or deputy editor, who’s comfortable leading and developing a team of experienced writers, photographers and filmmakers. You’ll be able to empower the team to continue producing award-winning content that’s respected globally for its integrity and professionalism.
- You’ll be used to juggling the needs of a multi-platform brand, experienced in all aspects of digital and print publishing, and able to prioritise areas of growth. You must be full of fresh ideas and be driven to deliver them in a way that really engages a wide audience.
- You’ll also be commercially astute and aware of the need to work alongside and to support the wider Dennis teams to deliver revenue growth across all areas.
In your application, include a 300 word web-optimised story on evo’s current position in the market and how you’d see its future.
So why work for us?
We’re a hard-working bunch, but we definitely know how to let our hair down (and plant a few trees along the way!) We believe in rewarding employees both financially and through recognition and support every day!
We have great employee benefits:
- 28 days paid holiday, interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and more.
- We know how to have fun. We host parties, birthday extravaganzas, summer BBQ’s, fancy dress parties, quizzes, charity trips, battle of the band nights and more.
- Our office is slap bang in the heart of London’s West End – situated parallel to Charlotte Street with its many bars and restaurants and five minutes from Soho and London’s media hub.
- As our charity (The Heart of England Forest) is literally at the heart of our business, we host monthly trips to the forest to help plant trees and take a break from the city!
You’ll be working with passionate leaders. Game changers. Award-winners. Industry extraordinaires. But we’re a social crowd who definitely like to take regular office trips to the local bars to wind down after a busy and of course rewarding week.
Click 'Apply' now.